[Owasp-leaders] What is the difference between a volunteer and a leader?

Tiana Chandler tiana.chandler at owasp.org
Thu Jul 6 03:48:44 UTC 2017

Hi Tanya,

The OWASP Austin chapter, as well as other chapters, have a leadership
board, whether they be called a "board of directors" or just "leadership
team".  Having specific roles, with clearly defined expectation of those
roles, goes a long way in helping to engage those volunteers in the success
of the chapter.  See the OWASP Austin Wiki page, under the "Chapter
Leadership" tab, for example of the roles we have in place -
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Austin#tab=Chapter_Leadership.  Ideally the
coordinator/director roles would seek out other volunteers who help
accomplish activities specific to that role (i.e. having a conference
planning committee).

I hope this helps.  Feel free to contact me directly with any other
questions.

Tiana Chandler
OWASP Austin Chapter Leader