[Owasp-leaders] Mozilla speaks up. Should OWASP?

Tony Turner tony.turner at owasp.org
Tue Jan 31 17:44:56 UTC 2017

I personally think we should avoid political activity unless it impacts our
mission. If there are US based activities in support of the OWASP mission
that are hampered by the ban then we should speak up, but otherwise stay
out of it. For instance, if 90 days extends longer into the year and
prevents foreign attendees from coming to AppSecUSA (or other activities,
but I'm laser focused on Orlando right now) then that creates impact for
our organization and our mission as a whole. That being said, I think there
are ways to support our colleagues abroad without condemning the current US
political leadership.

--
Tony Turner
OWASP Orlando Chapter Founder/Co-Leader