[Owasp-leaders] 2017 Roles and Responsibilities

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Wed Jan 18 11:57:34 UTC 2017

>>There is a huge disconnect but I am not sure why or how or where it
resides.

Thats why I fnid it a priority to have a proper volunteer portal.

Without a way to structure and let potential volunteers connect with the
tasks we have, become quite difficult even when people want to help

I have met many that have asked how they can help. If you look at the
volunteer section on our wiki, this is really poor.

As someone that has been into project reviews for a quite longtime i can
tell you that evaluating projects is a dating tasks.

Matt Tesauro came on board as full time Senior technical project manager to
help assist that. So yes, he did the reviews and I fully trust Matt's
experience in this matter.

Now our major problem is that the community is not participating on
validating the reviews done. A way is to organize tis during a summit which
a fully support, another is like I've been mentioning, creat a proper
volunteer portal not only for project reviews but to help support projects
in general with new volunteers

I'll make an official plan for this part and help execute it. Will send
soon a proposal to be discussed with the community

Cheers

--
Johanna Curiel
OWASP Volunteer