[Owasp-leaders] 2017 Roles and Responsibilities

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Thu Jan 12 18:48:41 UTC 2017

in this context, Board member of OWASP Foundation Inc. is required.

Chapters are run independently based on the local activities of volunteers acting in a consortium Aka chapter by way of "should" and "must"  requirements and anyone acting as a chapter leader should be familiar with the now 2017 handbook details here https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Chapter_Handbook

Local chapters to date have never been are encouraged to create their own chapter with tax id, bylaws, and local rules and policies etc but creativity and local experimentation and innovation is encouraged (see chapter handbook for additional guidance)

But to your ask and the point is all volunteers should annual affirm a commitment if they are in a leadership role to their peers IMHO so expectations can be managed locally as well. This is also why at the local chapter i.e. NYC/NJ we ask annually for a commitment of appointments to active roles annually https://www.meetup.com/owaspnycnj/pages/19995904/Committees/

Hope that helps?

Tom Brennan | Mobile: 973-506-9304  | Schedule vMeeting: Click Here