[Owasp-leaders] OWASP/BLT Bug Logging Tool Design v1.2

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Thu Feb 16 15:25:28 UTC 2017

Sean,

I used 99Designs for a SimpleRisk logo last year with excellent results.
That said, I wanted to provide a point of feedback so that you don't get
stuck in the same place I did.  As soon as I started getting designs, I
started providing feedback to the developers.  Giving them ratings and
commenting on what I liked and what I didn't.  Unfortunately, all of the
other developers saw this feedback and it had the counter effect of all of
the other developers following what I said I liked, rather than being
creative and putting out new ideas.  I basically ended up with 75 different
versions of an "SR" design.  Eventually, I had to reject them all and
99Designs allowed me to extend the contest for another week so that I could
get more creative design entries.  Overall, I really like what I ended up
with, but I wanted you to be aware of the pitfall so that you don't have
the same thing happen to you.

~josh