[Owasp-leaders] Meetup.com goes Deep Politcal

Ralph Durkee (OWASP) Ralph.Durkee at owasp.org
Thu Feb 16 01:33:28 UTC 2017

I understand we have a lot of usage of meetup and making quick changes
would consume resources we can't spare.  I also understand there is no
easy or quick answer. However with such a service we must to link to the
meetup website, and the political nature of their home page infringes on
OWASP attempt to be politically neutral.  I'm not expecting a quick
change that would be disruptive to progress, but we should consider what
what their free speech does to politicize our organization, we should
talk to them and consider the politicizing effect in evaluating future
or expanded usage of meetup solutions.

-- Ralph Durkee