[Owasp-leaders] Meetup.com goes Deep Politcal

Bjoern Kimminich bjoern.kimminich at owasp.org
Tue Feb 14 04:21:57 UTC 2017

How is Meetup giving (among others) political groups a platform to organize their meetings any worse than Twitter giving people a platform to express (among other things) their political opinion? The fact that they promote it actively? They probably host those #Resist groups for free, so I get the argument that they are taking a position. That's stronger (in a good or bad way depending on personal opinion) than just abstractly voicing their disagreement with politics like other tech companies recently did. Still I don't see any harm for OWASP or the other hundreds of non-political groups on the platform.