[Owasp-leaders] Last call for budget items

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Fri Feb 3 16:19:53 UTC 2017

Johanna,

Was re-reading this thread and wanted to clarify this a bit.

The volunteer portal functionality is part of the new features provided by
the AMS (Association Management System) that OWASP is upgrading / purchased
a license for.  It leverages our existing Salesforce data on the OWASP
community especially Project and Chapter leaders.

So, the basic functionality of the volunteer portal - call it a framework
though not technically correct - will be in place after the AMS is upgraded
late Q1 to early Q2.  I defer to Kate for the exact dates she worked out
with the provider.

Kate worked with Tom Pappas on getting that purchase into the very early
drafts of the budget as our license expired in January so that part is
done.  Hence no _new_ budget item is needed for the volunteer portal,

What Kate and the staff would love help with is feedback on the what and
how for the volunteer portal - What info should it contain?  How should it
function?  How will it connect volunteers to leaders? ...  The nuts and
bolts of getting this done are provided by the AMS upgrade, the details of
how we implement a Volunteer portal are where assistance is wanted.  Again,
Kate is doing the AMS upgrade and most familiar with what it offers.

FYI: I also put in budget items tangentially related to this as it will
leverage some of the new AMS functionality to help projects.  Both items
obviously are dependent on the AMS upgrade.

HTH

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP AppSec Pipeline Lead