[Owasp-leaders] Project Sponshorship, Support, and Finance

Sherif Mansour sherif.mansour at owasp.org
Wed Dec 27 21:27:45 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Sometimes we people talk about "politics" it really boils down to
miscommunication or mismanagement.
Politics infers malicious intent which is not the case.

Additionally I would like to make a quick note on bullying. This right now
an important issue for me, I have had OWASP leaders recount events to me in
tears, and I can see aggression on a constant basis. I think bullying has
lead to many members/staff to leave OWASP and it is a death by a thousand
cuts for this community. equally not listening to the community and not
treating it as a conversation doesn’t help.

As techie's we are used to quickly expressing our frustrations and in
public forums, sometimes its important to take a step back and understand
how that impacts other people.

To that end I have created a thread called "Identifying Improvement
Opportunities at OWASP - How to make OWASP a better place" I have included
the following information below on what I personally see as the current
state of OWASP/its challenges (see link
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HZFGkLBbbLRhhVh0DAcSS8flWOKSu0gJOui9J_PdSn4/edit?usp=sharing>)
as well as feedback from the rest of the community on how to resolve these
issues (also in a link
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/16z59SKXbNEwDi1bLobswye1QxryNNdjOdGHdqZ4t-wQ/edit?usp=sharing>
)

Comments for each page are open to facilitate a conversation.

Take care and happy holidays everyone!
PS: apologies for the typos I have a really bad migraine

--

Sherif Mansour
OWASP Global Board Member & OWASP London Chapter Leader
Email: sherif.mansour at owasp.org
Follow OWASP London Chapter on Twitter: @owasplondon
<https://twitter.com/OWASPLondon>
"Like" us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OWASPLondon
Subscribe to our (lightweight) mailing list: