[Owasp-leaders] Assistance with Training

Bil Corry bil.corry at owasp.org
Fri Aug 11 16:24:20 UTC 2017

Hi Laura,

At my employer, we recently ran a three day program for our developers and
other interested employees.

Day 1 was a seven-hour training covering vuln discovery using a browser and
plug-ins (to avoid having to install and train on more advanced tools), and
it used Security Shepherd as the target platform.

Day 2 and 3 was a 24-hour CTF, it used a re-skinned Juice Shop and CTFd.

Participation was great and feedback was overwhelmingly positive.  We have
quite a few teams gather every flag.

I suggest adopting this model because it gives some base knowledge for
folks who will otherwise not know what to do if it's only a CTF.

- Bil