[Owasp-leaders] Released: OWASP Top 10 – 2017 Release Candidate

Thomas Ryan tom.ryan at providesecurity.com
Wed Apr 26 21:46:23 UTC 2017

Hi Norm,

I whole heartedly believe in vendor neutrality. The reason why I brought up vendor names (Fortify, IBM, CheckMarx, etc) is because of the massive datasets they have. I’m sure we can have an additional 3-5M Data points added if we got more companies and a representative from each involved.
How are we supposed to say this is a TOP 10 with the equivalent dataset of one large bank (53K)? Not to mention the complexity of the different way datasets are derived, including taking into account the limitations of each data set?

Once we have a broad enough dataset (much larger then 53K) , we reach out to Joan Goodchild of CSO, and Kelly Jackson Higgins of Dark Reading for publication about OWASP TOP 10 Open For Comment By Industry Leaders (Not OWASP)
I think that would be powerful Information to have. Thoughts?

Have an amazing day!

Thomas Ryan
https://www.linkedin.com/in/tommyryan/