[Owasp-leaders] Released: OWASP Top 10 – 2017 Release Candidate

Norman Yue norman.yue at owasp.org
Wed Apr 26 07:22:55 UTC 2017

Hey folks,

I'd like to echo Tom's comment - vendor neutrally, I don't think this is
even about which vendors get to contribute data and drive the development
of what is widely considered a vendor-neutral best practice standard.
Actually, let's meditate on that for a second before we proceed: this isn't
a game, this is a discussion regarding industry best practice.

Given the scope and potential impact of the OWASP Top Ten, and it's
reflection on OWASP as a group, I think it is absolutely crucial that this
in particular gets discussed openly, and those who have something to
participate can, and this is broadly endorsed by OWASP as a community,
instead of the ongoing dissension happening now.

May I recommend setting up something like a Google Hangouts meeting for
people to both voice their feedback, as well as for the *relevant top-ten
working group to work with the community to decide something mutually
workable. *(is the working group open to this?)

Have a grand and glorious day,

Norm