[Owasp-leaders] Institute of Directors: Cyber Security Course (for the board) Leader Recruitment - Sherif Mansour

Sherif Mansour sherif.mansour at owasp.org
Wed Apr 19 18:57:00 UTC 2017

Dear all,

The Institute of Directors (IoD) is looking to develop a course on cyber
security for the board. I think this is an excellent opportunity for the
infosec community as a whole to provide some sound advice to the board.

However equally it is important for our community to understand what the
board is what what their concerns are. How many of us know of the "Going
concern principle <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_concern>", the
difference between fraudulent trading and wrongful trading, and yet these
are key to understanding the board's motivations and concerns.

If anyone in the community is interested in participating, please feel free
to reach out to the IoD, however as a community member I have applied to
create an OWASP project to both provide security advice to the board and to
also explain the board to security engineers.

I am a chairman of a UK company and a member of the IoD (and taken some of
their certifications and training) so I do have experiences from both sides
of the coin, and hope to contribute where I can.

I have also asked the IoD to if they could speak at an upcoming OWASP
London chapter event.
If anyone is interested in reaching out to the IoD please feel free to do
so (see thread below).

Note: I have also bcc'd some industry leaders as well for visibility

Kind regards
Sherif Mansour
Email: Samuel.Dowzard at iod.com
Website: www.iod.com