[Owasp-leaders] On "Insufficient Attack Protection", and the role of OWASP...

Eoin Keary eoin.keary at owasp.org
Wed Apr 12 23:55:20 UTC 2017

Hi Michael,

The question for me, as a contributor to the top 10 via our SaaS/edgescan is; - what metrics were used to draw the conclusion?

Is it subjective/"whatever feels right" or is it based in data?

Without data anyone can draft a top 10 as it means little other than a marketing exercise or awareness doc not not accurate reflection.

As an organisation we should be directing people to quick wins, most common issues and focus on a risk based approach..what's the most common vulnerability etc

The issue A7 is rather unclear. Some folks are saying RASP, others WAF, you are saying credential stuffing / focused brute force. So given there is debate on its meaning amongst us how can we expect developers to grasp this issue?

Love you all 😍🤡

Eoin.

Sent from my iPhone