[Owasp-leaders] On "Insufficient Attack Protection", and the role of OWASP...

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Wed Apr 12 09:20:54 UTC 2017

Hi Norman

Really sorry to hear about how you feel.

The OWASP Top 10 seems as a collection of information where everyone
participates and provides input to this list.

Were you allowed to provide your input during the collection process?
Did you express your objection against this specific item during the
discussion process?

Please, consider also that this is a Release candidate and not a final
version of the list

I would encourage you and everyone the feels that this item does not seem
adequate for this list, to please discuss it and, argument why
"Insufficient attack protection" should not be part of the list or should
change to something else

My POW in this:
I also agree with Norman pow. We should enforce "lack of proper secure
SDLC" as one of the top risk, since most o the problems occur when
companies developing software do not include security in their design
phase. That is preventive, and not a WAF, WAF are repressive and little
they can do to protect against new attack vectors

Regards

Johanna

--
Johanna Curiel