[Owasp-leaders] Password Reuse Attacks

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Thu Sep 22 19:04:33 UTC 2016

Hey: http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/22/technology/yahoo-data-breach/index.html
- 500M Yahoo User Accounts compromised. Wonder how many new valid
username/password pairs are floating around the interweb.  All the more
reason why Michael's post is important/timely.

The breach is said to have occurred in late 2014. "The account information
may have included names, email addresses, telephone numbers, dates of
birth, hashed passwords (the vast majority with bcrypt) and, in some cases,
encrypted or unencrypted security questions and answers,"

-Dave