[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-community] Introducing your OWASP Brand Usage Committee!

Tiffany Long tiffany.long at owasp.org
Thu Sep 8 19:35:35 UTC 2016

Hey Larry,

1)I have no idea.

2) As the CM I have been telling people that the first decision would be
whether to use the portal or a mailing list.  I have noted that the
Education Hub has taken as their first major action to make an assessment
of the current state of the education platforms and materials.  This seems
sound and will be included in official advice from my office should other
committees ask.

3) I will not be able to vote, However I am joining as an 'expert' on the
brand management best practices and to help provide information on brand
management from the POV of PR.  I will not be passionately advocating
anything.

As someone who is required to give the board an opinion on the brand
suggestions given by the committee I see being on the committee as helpful
to the other committee members because you will understand the Foundation's
needs from a more intimate perspective as well as have access to a
knowledge base born from brand management and comparative analysis. I see
it as helpful to the board as the committee's concerns can be taken into
account in my assessment--which means much less work trying to get closer
together if the information is siloed.

The hope is that good faith involvement as an expert resource will lower
the committee's barrier to change and empower the committee as a whole.  To
further tip the asymmetry in the direction of the other committee members,
the official staff supporter is Matt.  Should the committee need anything
officially from the foundation he is the one tasked to provide it--this way
my opinion, one way or another. cannot subconsciously impact results.

I hope that answers your concerns.

Tiffany Long
Community Manager