[Owasp-leaders] Regarding Budget 2017- Allow OWASP members to participate

Larry Conklin larry.conklin at owasp.org
Thu Sep 8 18:27:29 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Johanna, Thank you for making this aware to me. Board, there really needs
to be an improved way you communicate to the community. Not sure what it
is. One thing is maybe more info on board directions, discussions, etc in
the OWASP connector.

Budget feedback,

I agree with Josh about not shafting Chapters. Lets not do that.

*$610k each for education, outreach, conferences, projects. I would like to
see a better break out on each item. Especially projects since we have seen
much heartache about projects not getting their share of love.*

*Last I would like to see an agile approach on then **$270k for the website
so we don't get to the end of the budget and then decide its wasn't what we
needed or wanted. Can we do the website in a step approach so we can begin
using part of the new web site along with the old web site. I never see the
big bang approach working out for the best.*

*Larry Conklin, CISSP, Co-leader of Code Review Project.*