[Owasp-leaders] Regarding Budget 2017- Allow OWASP members to participate

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Thu Sep 8 15:44:12 UTC 2016

>>If members want to highlight concerns with a given itemization or area, I
would fully welcome seeing that feedback discussed.

Agree with this too. My concern right now is that the proposal discussed
will allocate 0 dollars to chapters.
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2016-September/017483.html

Another of my concern is how much money the board is proposing to spend on
the website

*o how big is this pie? We need to make a budget that stretches us to make
*>* $3m in FY17, which means we need to look at all sources of income, and what
*>* we need to do to make that a reality. Our revenue in 2015 was $2,478,184.
*>* If we say we can do $2.7m this year (possible, depends on AppSec USA
*>* profitability), $3m is within our grasp. So 10% is $300,000 administrative
*>* costs, and then $610k each for education, outreach, conferences, projects,
*>* and up to $270k for the website. That is with no contingency, and assumes
*>* AppSec USA is at least 10% more profitable than last year's.
*

cheers

--
Johanna Curiel