[Owasp-leaders] Please share with your members

Martin Knobloch martin.knobloch at owasp.org
Thu Oct 27 19:08:15 UTC 2016

Hi fellow OWASP members,

Following the good example set by Milton, let me introduce myself to the
members who might not know the extent of my involvement with OWASP.

Since my first attendance at an OWASP conference, back in 2006 in Leuven,
Belgium, I was hooked by OWASP.

In 2007 I joined the OWASP Netherlands Chapter Board and got involved in
several OWASP projects. When Committees first started after the Summit in
2008, I was Co-Chair of the Education Committee. In 2011, I began my global
community engagement as a co-organizer of the OWASP Summit in 2011.

I believe that OWASP is about community! I have and continue to work to
introduce OWASP to professionals, students, and developers. Here are a few
of my engagements over the past decade.

   - I serve as OWASP Netherlands chapter leader.
   - I am co-chair of the annual OWASP beNeLux-Day
   - I have been involved in every AppSec-Eu since 2012
      - I introduced the University Challenges at the AppSec conferences in
      Europe
      - Chair of the AppSec-Eu 2015 in Amsterdam
      - Co-Chair of the training selection committee for this years
      AppSec-Eu in Rome
      - Currently chairing the program committee for next years AppSec-Eu
      in Belfast

In the past, as I will do in the future, I represent OWASP at various
security, developer and testing conferences with an OWASP booth and
presentations (among others):

   - BlackHat Europe, 2012 to 2015
   - HITB (Hack in The Box) Amsterdam, 2010 to 2016 and HITB KL 2013
   - FOSSDEM
   - Hackivity 2015
   - The NCSC conferences in the Netherlands
   - Security-congress.nl
   - CCC Camp 2011
   - OHM 2013, SHA 2017
   - OWASP local conferences:
      - OWASP IBWAS
      - OWASP Germany
      - OWASP India
      - OWASP Israel
      - OWASP Romania
      - OWASP Poland with Confidence
      - OWASP Goteborg

I was invited and approved to serve as the compliance officer for the OWASP
Foundation in 2014 and asked to continue this position until I stepped down
at the end of 2015.
My current focus is developer outreach, the OWASP Security Knowledge
Framework (SKF) project and supporting new chapters. I also work to connect
leaders so they can collaborate on the best practices and improve the
quality on the OWASP projects.
Outside of OWASP, I support IAMTHECAVALRY and have been involved in working
groups for the European Commission as FOSSA, AITOI and the Scientific
Advice Mechanism (SAM).

About myself, most recognizable might be my tendency to wear (bright as
possible) yellow shoes and shooting OWASP Rockets.
I am married to the wonderful woman, without her support I would not be
able to do all this, and father to two boys (27 and 2 years of age).

I hope that you will recognize my commitment to OWASP and allow me the
honor of serving on the Global Board of Directors.
If you have not done it, please cast your vote today!

Regards,
-martin
Martin Knobloch
twitter: @knoblochmartin