[Owasp-leaders] Fwd: Request for 150K USD seed fund for the OWASP-DevSecCon Summit in April 2017 in the UK

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at owasp.org
Wed Oct 26 06:21:20 UTC 2016

Hi Seba

April is not far away; I really need you to work with Laura on ensuring
that there are adequate planning in place such as hotel bookings blocks. If
we can't get the booking blocks in place, it has been left too late.

Seed money typically returns to allow us to run another event, which is how
we fund AppSec EU, US, Cali, and LATAM, but in the Wiki you say that OWASP
will be paying a lot of leaders to come to the event. As we haven't even
had a chance to vote on this conference as yet or work up a conference
budget using the standard conference template, I'd hate to promise things
that aren't a given. Please work with Laura on getting the budget done
before our next Board meeting, and if it makes financial sense, let's do
it. Once I have the form for budget requests, I will get you to provide me
a form with 150k as a float in FY17's budget, but as we've not approved any
of it, please don't assume you have any funding at this moment.

I do want events like this to succeed, but as I mentioned to Dinis at
AppSec EU, we need lead time to make it so, especially as April is one
month before AppSec EU, so you will have limited Laura time. I am glad
folks want to run with this, but don't assume fait accompli, especially as
we have commitments to Belfast one month later that has been being planned
for many months now.

thanks,
Andrew