[Owasp-leaders] Fwd: Request for 150K USD seed fund for the OWASP-DevSecCon Summit in April 2017 in the UK

Seba seba at owasp.org
Wed Oct 26 06:04:17 UTC 2016

Dear all,

Please see the mail below: we are preparing a summit in April!
Main focus and theme: grouping the DevOps, Security and OWASP communities
to work on actionable and automated solutions for secure development and
operations of software.

We call upon each of you to help make this summit as great as the previous
(in 2011 wow, that is a long time ago -
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2011)

How can you help:
1) support our request for seed funding this summit - contact our board
members and convince them to approve this at the next board meeting (9-Nov)
2) reserve 2000 USD (times your number of supported attendees) from your
marketing/training/R&D/whatever budget to support this with your
company/organisation for next year
3) tentatively block 19-23 April in your agenda (timing not final yet)
4) if you have spare cycles in the coming months - join the core summit
team to organize this: we need people to help out on content/workshops but
also to prepare all the logistical aspects. We meet each Thursday evening
with GoToMeeting at 21h CET as of 17 November - mark this in your agenda.
5) if you want to help out: send me/Dinis your contact details and we will
add you to the Summit Trello project.
6) prepare your workshop/topics proposals & teams for the summit: let us
know who should be there?

Current placeholder of the event:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Owasp-DevSecCon-Summit

Really excited about this & looking forward to see you all at the summit!

regards

Seba