[Owasp-leaders] Feedback on projects names

psiinon psiinon at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 16:14:11 UTC 2016

> Would these have helped you name ZAP? Or at least have laid out some of
> the considerations earlier in your process?

I started ZAP before I submitted it to OWASP, so I probably wouldnt have
looked at any OWASP guidelines first :P
However I think those points are helpful (particularly making sure your
project name is easy to Google/whatever) and it certainly wouldnt hurt
having more like that.
But I wouldnt like them to be prescriptive - in the end I think its the
quality and usefulness of the project that really counts, people will
accepts pretty much any name (in time) as long as they want to use it. And
sometimes a completely unexpected name can make a project stand out from
the crowd.

Cheers,

Simon

--