[Owasp-leaders] Call for OWASP Global Conferences 2018
laura.grau at owasp.org
Tue Nov 15 19:56:19 UTC 2016
OWASP encourages any community member interested in hosting a
* Global Conference* to submit a proposal.
(this may be a
- Latin America (this may be a Latam Tour instead)
- North America
To bid for a 201
OWASP Global AppSec please complete the OCMS form
http://www.tfaforms.com/301382 with the following information
*before February 28th, 2017.*
1. The proposed city and host chapter.
2. The name of the intended local organizer and team committed to the task
along with a brief explanation on why the conference committee wants to
organize an OWASP Global AppSec.
3. Previous conferences or local/regional events experience of the
4. The intended dates for the conference. (Typically includes two or three
days of pre-conference training, followed by two days of conference talks).
5. Venue recommendations. If possible, assurance that the following will be
- Green room, storage room, breakout rooms, etc.
- A large auditorium. Other lecture rooms near the main auditorium.
- Projection facilities in all rooms up to modern standards.
- A suitable mixing space near the rooms for registration, breaks and
- A hall near the rooms for sponsor exhibitions.
- If possible, attach a tentative floor plan design.
6. Budget. Please use the form on google docs https://docs.google.com/
l85R2hVd2IxRGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0 (Since many of the categories of
expenses are optional, consider this a check list. You can add as many
items as you want and you do not need to fill in every box if you do not
want it to be included in your event.)
7. Possible "big name" speakers in AppSec who might be plenary speakers.
8. Any other relevant information.
By submitting an application, you are already demonstrating your
commitment to OWASP. Hosting a conference requires both a commitment
and a great deal of responsibility. A lot of time, energy and effort
are needed during the proposing, planning and implementing phases of
hosting a conference. For more information see the How to Host a
Should you have any questions concerning the proposal process or need
assistance with you application, please do not hesitate to contact me
*Application submission begins today*
*. The deadline for applications is February 28th, 2017. Applicants will be
notified by March 31**st.*
We are looking forward to your proposals,
*Global Conference Manager*
*laura.grau at owasp.org <laura.grau at owasp.org>*
+1 510 529 9563
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OWASP-Leaders