[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Access Management Policy

Elizabeth Belousov elizabeth.belousov at owasp.org
Fri Nov 11 01:47:18 UTC 2016

Please join the discussion.

I'd like to underline that the clause picked by Larry contains "may" —means
"optional". The clause is based on ALREADY existing practice in NY/NJ and
rather declarative NOT prescriptive.

Anonymity is very valued among cyber sec indeed. However, we didn’t enroll
to OWASP anonymously. Based on that fact alone I would not build an
argument around anonymity vs Access Management (oranges vs. apples). If you
allow anonymous user access to your online tool, this policy doesn’t change
it.

This policy is not about mandating a state issued ID for attendance, it
asks to provide members truthful info about their identities.

People who attend OWASP face-to-face meetings do not cover their
identities; people who follow them through meetup and such do. Please see
the screenshot attached.

(A side note, it was a very obvious case, how many other synthetic
identities shadowing OWASP folks.)
Regards,

*Liz Belousov*
Volunteer* | *OWASP Foundation