[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Access Management Policy

Elizabeth Belousov elizabeth.belousov at owasp.org
Thu Nov 10 20:12:19 UTC 2016

Larry,

Thanks for your comments.

"Open" does not mean "anonymous".

It is very common that a hosting organization has a security  department that prescreens all visitors.

Let's say you are hosting OWASP chapter meeting at Microsoft, you are REQUIRED to provide security with the list of attendees: first and last name.

Personally, I was asked for a photo ID at Goldman, BofA, MongoDB for attending OWASP meetings. Did not violate my privacy and freedoms.

Regards,

Liz Belousov
Volunteer | OWASP Foundation
NYC chapter