[Owasp-leaders] Conference Promoting itself as associated with OWASP / use of logo

Steve Kosten steve.kosten at owasp.org
Thu Nov 10 14:47:21 UTC 2016

Kelly,

I'm also confused by this.  What regional OWASP events are doing
pay-to-play?  I know AppSec USA doesn't do pay-to-play, at least I know we
didn't when it was hosted by Denver-Boulder and would be very surprised if
it was done ever.   As for regional conferences, the Denver-Boulder
SNOWFROC never did pay-to-play.  I've only gone to one pay-to-play
conference (unwittingly) and walked out after one session because it was so
bad.  I would not want OWASP to be associated w/ this in any way.

Steve Kosten
OWASP Denver Chapter Leader