[Owasp-leaders] Conference Promoting itself as associated with OWASP / use of logo

Steve Kosten steve.kosten at owasp.org
Wed Nov 9 18:42:09 UTC 2016

Hi Bev,

Based upon the sponsorship package, they were making the keynote (see page
7 of the sponsorship package) in addition to panelist slots.  Can't say if
they are all panelist slots, but I've been to one pay-to-play conference in
my past and walked out after the 2nd presentation started and realized it
was like the first sales pitch.

That being said, I agree with you, we should apply policy consistently.  If
would propose OWASP not associate w/ such pay-to-play conferences.

Steve Kosten
OWASP Denver Chapter Leader