[Owasp-leaders] Looking for better suggestions on content promotion

Sam Stepanyan sam.stepanyan at owasp.org
Mon Nov 7 18:35:55 UTC 2016

Todd,

YouTube channel worked best for us at OWASP London Chapter. It allows
people to subscribe to new videos and also the videos do come up in
search results and suggestions on both YouTube and Google.

You will need at least 100 subscribers to give your channel a memorable
name (e.g. OWASP_MSP).

Basically we asked everyone attending the chapter meeting to subscribe
to the YouTube channel and tweet about it  - it worked, so now we have:

https://www.youtube.com/OWASPLondon

One other trick which we have found very useful is to have short 2-4
minute clips with some interesting content from the full talk (e.g. the
demo bit) with a link to the video of the full talk.

For example:

" How To Hack a Website with the Harlem Shake - Why Security Headers are
Important"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poab6p6J2y4

This video is less than 5 minutes long and is an excerpt from the full
52-minute talk. Most people who watch this clip then do watch the full
talk video and subscribe to the channel. YouTube also provides a handy
statistics tool.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sam (@owasplondon)