[Owasp-leaders] Action plans for chapters

Tiffany Long tiffany.long at owasp.org
Thu Nov 3 03:18:53 UTC 2016

Tony
This is an excellent idea.  Don't feel like you are confined to trying to
focus on all 5 goals;  If Dublin wishes to focus on a particular goal or
two, that is just fine.  I particularly like your idea to help Ireland
chapters grow in parallel to Dublin.  Sister chapters are one of the best
ways amplify your regional impact.

As to the election results, they were sent to your chosen representatives
on schedule yesterday.

Best,
Tiffany

> I think we should relate any initiatives to the 5 OWASP goals. In addition
> to Eoin's suggestions we should consider supporting other local chapters so
> the money makes an impact locally (island of Ireland) so ideally that would
> be an option as well. Many of the organisations who donated funds to the
> Dublin chapter did so to make a difference locally and that doesn't appear
> to have been considered. I think this is a point that the board need to
> consider as it may not go down well if local companies knew their donation
> was going to be assimilated by the board and redirected to initiatives
> elsewhere.
>
> Hopefully we get the outcome of the recent Dublin chapter election shortly
> so we can focus on meeting these goals at a local level.

Tiffany Long
Community Manager