[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-community] Request to the board - move these defender projects to LAB

Riccardo Ten Cate riccardo.ten.cate at owasp.org
Fri May 20 22:00:02 UTC 2016

Hey All,

After several reviews, which we all passed according to standards, it would
be kind of nice to see some progress with becoming a
more mature project. It is not just about the status, but more the overall
sense of feeling appreciated for the time and effort we are putting
in trying to create awesome projects.

"There is a team actively working on projects." is a phrase i heard far to
much before, and it really does not motivate me to contribute to an
organization which
does not feels to want to help me back. Thank god for Martin Knobloch the
dutch OWASP chapter leader for doing a great deal of contributions and
helping us keeping motivated
to achieve awesome things. If it would solely depend on the feedback and
help we get from the overall community becoming more mature it would
probably not be an OWASP project anymore.

Johanna, thanks for trying to get us some steps further, it is very much
appreciated by me.

This is just my personal opinion and feeling i get from OWASP from time to
time, it really disappoints and frustrates me as a project leader.

with kind regards,

Riccardo ten Cate
Project Leader, Security knowledge framework