[Owasp-leaders] Professionalism and the Future of OWASP

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Fri May 20 20:22:29 UTC 2016

>>Director, with more focus on technology.

+Bev

OWASP has at the moment +/- 30% expenses allocated on staff+administrative
personal. More staff , more costs.:
https://www.owasp.org/images/7/7e/2014_OWASP_Annual_Report_Final.pdf

50% of the expenses costs is going into conferences and local conferences

Thats around 80% on costs for staff + Conferences activities

Remaining money 20% for community and project activities.

If we want to hire more people then we have to be careful with the
finances.We have an incoming Technical Project coordinator.

New  director should be someone with a solid background in IT and
organizational skills+ experience that can help shape the vision, not only
financially or marketing wise but technically. This kind of people are not
cheap neither.CTO's and the corporate roles need to have a stable finance
in order to execute.

Once we have a solid rock, then we can see how to create a strategy to
remain vendor neutral while able to grow and be independent.

--
Johanna Curiel
OWASP Volunteer