[Owasp-leaders] Request to the board - move these defender projects to LAB

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Fri May 20 14:25:32 UTC 2016

Johanna,

I can sincerely appreciate the desire to move these projects forward.  Tom
is the Board member currently assigned to OWASP Projects as a focus area.
He is also the one who suggested putting reviews on hold until we were able
to get a better solution in place to handle our project reviews since
Claudia is not technical and the team performing the reviews was hindered
by time commitments.  We are working to hire a new Technical Project
Manager to drive this process forward.  In the meantime, I don't think that
a Board vote is necessary.  Just work with Tom to get these projects to
where they need to be.  Once they move to a Lab status, then they will
receive some additional funds that they could certainly use for Google
AdWords, paying an intern, etc.

~josh