[Owasp-leaders] Are we helping Hackers or helping Application security?

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Fri May 20 01:31:27 UTC 2016

>>So Phineas used ZAP to hack Catalan police - who gives an F?!?!?!

I give a f*ck...;-P.

>> The intent of ZAP is to allow for more security professionals to
understand how and why apps fall to common attack patterns.

Look. A 'security professional'  tells the developer all the security bugs
she has, but if she is not able to fix them then what? Nothing gets fixed
properly.

Most pen testers work is focused on showing vulnerabilities instead of
helping fixing them because for most part pen testers cannot code
applications neither is their work, like this joke on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/pencilsareneat/status/724711158863790084

I think OWASP is way too focused on Pen testers and this discussion just
shows me that.

Defender projects are poor compare to ZAP.

Have anyone of you download and test ALL the so called 'top' defender
projects we have, have you actually USE them ?
Who has? I have, can you say the same?

I have and I can tell you that for sure.

*Read team is important but Blue team as much. I'm talking about Yin Yang. *
*Balance my friends. OWASP has the power to shape that balance.*

And BTW thats US is the country with high rate murder with guns.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/20/opinion/blow-on-guns-america-stands-out.html?_r=1

And talking about Columbine and School killings...yea, but is off course
none is to blame...

Hey Viva US and the second ammendment , each country should know what they
do.
I just love my little island where they forbid guns...thanks God...

--
Johanna Curiel
OWASP Volunteer