[Owasp-leaders] Are we helping Hackers or helping Application security?

Tom Brennan - OWASP tomb at owasp.org
Fri May 20 00:59:47 UTC 2016

<soapbox>

Hammers, screw drivers, guns, pencils, zaproxy, keyboards are all TOOLS -
Humans power the tools and Ethics determine what you do with the tool...
Criminals will be criminals (based on laws not technology) politics are
outside the scope of OWASP but not code of conduct, ethics or core purpose
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/About_OWASP#Core_Values> for our members.

The sky is not falling and this is rather a educational opportunity to
highlight the (153) projects tagged as Defender in OWASP
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Defenders when media asks
ANYONE about how does OWASP feel about this issue.

Be well

<insert standard OWASP disclaimer
 https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP:General_disclaimer
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP:General_disclaimer>>

</soapbox>

Tom Brennan
GPG ID: DC6AA149 | Fingerprint: 12A6 9978 45BB 1562 C921  B228 BD0F D9C6
DC6A A

OWASP Foundation | www.owasp.org
Tel:  (m) 973-506-9304

Need to book time with me to discuss an existing or a future project click
on my virtual calendar http://www.proactiverisk.com/brennan

--
The information contained in this message and any attachments may be
privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise protected from