[Owasp-leaders] Are we helping Hackers or helping Application security?

Larry Conklin larry.conklin at owasp.org
Fri May 20 00:54:01 UTC 2016

Johanna, We need to stop meeting like this. lol.

Well, maybe we should just blame the people who make compilers. Without a
compilier, most hackers couldn't hack. Heck lets outlaw computer chips.
Same argument goes for guns and anyone who has any training in firearms and
then shoots some innocent person.  Bad yes and Bad things happen to good
people. ZAP is a tool used by good people to get good results. Used by bad
people and bad things could happen.

What about the Testing guide; how to find issues before the code is in
production? Code Review Guide? Don't we have CSRFGuard and Java ESAPI?
CheetSheets?

Johanna, I am not sure where you are going but I still believe OWASP has
greats things to deliver. The sky is not falling, take a deep breathe and
relax.

PS, A jack of all trades is a general contractor who gets the house built.

Larry Conklin