[Owasp-leaders] New supporter logos

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at owasp.org
Thu May 19 00:54:49 UTC 2016

All,

As a Board, we have initiated discussions with other similar non-profits,
such as Mozilla and Apache to discuss how they approach things. We are
looking to have a longer discussion on this at the OWASP Board face to face
meeting at AppSec EU, as we come closer to doing something about
trademarking our main logo and its use.

In the meantime, we encourage members, corporate members, and corporate
sponsors to use these supporter logos as it gets OWASP out there, which is
a core outreach mission.

There will be some minor changes soon. However, a major policy change will
not likely occur before we've really thought this through and had some
legal advice. We want to strike a healthy balance between Jeff's and Dinis'
point of view and Dirk's abuse cases, that both draws more people into
OWASP, as well as making it clear as to what is acceptable / enforceable
use of our main logo and name.

Please keep the ideas flowing, as OWASP is your foundation, and we need to
find a happy medium of all the different uses of our brand.

thanks,
Andrew