[Owasp-leaders] New approach to OWAPS projects
johanna curiel curiel
johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Wed May 11 10:26:01 UTC 2016
I think OWASP has failed multiple times to do a project assessments.
This task has not been easy for anyone. Not in 2009 for the Global
Committee lead by Jason Li, Neither for Samantha in 2013 and the project
advisers(I was one of them) , not now.
Instead a new realistic approach to projects should be introduced
- We already measure projects 'activity'
<https://www.openhub.net/p/zaproxy> using open hub (as long as we keep
on configuring this properly and maintaining but is simple)
- We could allow projects self asses wether based on CII criteria or an
indicators through self assessment form like this one
- We can use the results of self-assesment to evaluate as indicators for
providing sponsorship and support
*For this part we don't need a team of specialist or reviewers. This could
be published and allow the community to provide a rating star though
Openhub (yes you can rate projects on Openhub!):*
Measure the 'quality' of a project is not simple. We don't have a team for
Instead we should empower:
- Measure activity and indicators to allow projects use OWASP platform
(Chapters and Conferences) to market projects
- Empower the community to rate projects on Openhub:
- Provide sponsorship and support projects after they requested help.
Such as run Bounty programs now that we have this platform available.
- sponsor traveling cost for leaders to talk at OWAPS conferences
Place focus on supporting projects instead of regulating what you can't.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OWASP-Leaders