[Owasp-leaders] The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at owasp.org
Mon May 9 07:34:02 UTC 2016

I see this as being

a) how do we mature OWASP projects? OpenSAMM or CII or both
b) Can OWASP Foundation provide the infrastructure and tooling to allow
these metrics to be met using automated means, thus improving our
understanding of incubator, labs, mature, and flagship projects?
c) What is valuable to us as an organisation? We should work on those
first.

In the first instance, asking our flagship projects to self-assess if they
are coding projects is going to be a light touch approach, and helps us
understand where projects could invest SoC funding or drive volunteer
effort in a targetted and focused way.

So many times, people add complexity and features to an application, but do
not drive quality and all the -alities of a good software project.

Personally, we have a home grown set of principles with OpenSAMM, some of
the best value for OWASP project *users* and *project owners* might be in
the intersection of these two things.

thanks
Andrew