[Owasp-leaders] Fwd: Urgent** Get Connected and Status Update : Chapter Leaders only

Akash Mahajan akash.mahajan at owasp.org
Thu Mar 31 18:26:56 UTC 2016

Hello Fellow Chapter Leaders,

This email has been sent to a bunch of city OWASP  chapters in India.
I would like clarification on under what rules of OWASP Handbook does this
kind of action is defined under.

As far as I understand once we have mature city chapters in a country, a
country wide chapter is defunct as that makes no sense. As it is, OWASP as
a legal entity exists only in the USA (AFAIK, I could be wrong)

The tone of the email is quite hostile and without any transparency on how
a few individuals have become we have to report to, this seems unfair and
this point a bit of sham.

I apologise if my email is reactionary in its tone, but while we are doing
some excellent work in our city, we honestly didn't sign up to be dictated
by folks who in their introductory email seem to have forgotten common
courtesy.

Thank you for reading.