[Owasp-leaders] Help Needed

Alan Chavez alan.chavez at owasp.org
Thu Mar 24 18:10:49 UTC 2016

Hey Michael,

In the Charlotte, NC chapter we organize our meetings through meetup.com,
and there's a company that sponsors food, drinks and a place for us to
meet, and on top of that we keep our meetings recruiters-free. Not that we
are opposed to the idea, but we don't have sourcing agencies pitching jobs
in exchange for food or freebies. Recruiters are welcome to attend the
meetings though!

The leadership team in the Charlotte, NC chapter work hard to keep
professional contacts and reach out to them to see if they're interested in
doing talks about projects they're currently working on.

So far we have had short presentations on Powershell vulnerabilities,
Android vulnerabilities, Tunneling, Reporting for Hackers, run-time
vulnerabilities/attacks, among others that at this point I do not remember.
The community seems to like the direction we're taking, and our community
is growing (at a slower rate than I wish, but growing nonetheless).

Let me know if you'd like to know more, or need additional help.