[Owasp-leaders] Action Needed: PyCon Conference 2016 - May 28th - June 5th - Great Opportunities to Participate!

Kelly Santalucia kelly.santalucia at owasp.org
Wed Mar 23 18:56:16 UTC 2016

Hi Johanna,

Thank you for your interest in learning more about this initiative.  Please
find the answers below to you questions.  Should you or anyone else have
any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

   - Can anyone participate (I mean I live in curaçao so travel costs are
   higher) or only peeps in US? Anyone can submit a request to volunteer.
   All submissions will be reviewed. If you are already planning on attending,
   some funding is available to assist with travel costs if needed and
   approved.

   - Do you need to be a Python dev?  Attendees should be familiar with the
   language/toolset/platform. This will make the conversations much easier.

   - Is there any limit of participants? The number of volunteers needed
   will vary for each event based on our level of engagement.

Hello Leaders:

> [...]

>> rooms may be needed for other events during portions of some days; please
>> consult the Open Spaces boards for the final word on what's going on where.
>>
>> *How Do I Host An Open Space?*
>> For PyCon 2016, we will be using the Open Space cards that were
>> re-introduced a few years back. These are small postcard sized cards with a
>> short explanation of what Open Spaces are. The back side of that card is
>> for hosting Open Spaces. Just fill in the name and a short description of
>> your Open Space, and then pin your card on the Open Space board in the room
>> and time slot you want. It’s also a great idea to add your Twitter handle
>> to the card in case anyone interested in attending your Open Space has a
>> question or would like to contact you about it. The cards will be made
>> available in the goodie bag which you will receive at registration. Extra
>> cards will be available at the Open Spaces boards. In order to promote your
>> Open Space we encourage you to tweet about it and use the hashtag
>> #PyConOpenSpaces to make sure people see your tweets.
>>
>> *Planned Open Spaces*
>> If you have an idea for an Open Space, and a time when you want to meet,
>> list it here on this page. It's also useful to add an approximate time slot
>> if you have any preferences, so that attendees know where to look for your
>> Open Space on the Open Spaces boards.
>>

>> *Development Sprints*
>> *Thursday, June 2nd 2016 – Sunday, June 5th 2016*
>>
>> Development sprints are a key part of PyCon, and a chance for the
>> contributors to open-source projects to get together face-to-face for up to
>> four days of intensive learning, development and camaraderie. Newbies sit
>> with gurus, go out for lunch and dinner together, and have a great time
>> while advancing their project.
>>
>> What's New with the Sprints by Naomi Ceder
>> What are development sprints & why you should attend! by Kushal Das
>> What's so special about Sprints? by Naomi Ceder
>> What's A Sprint?
>> Come for PyCon, stay for the sprints!
>> PyCon Development Sprints are four days of intensive learning and
>> development on an open source project of your choice, in a team
>> environment. It's a time to come together with colleagues, old and new, to
>> share what you've learned and apply it to an open source project.
>>
>> In the crucible of a sprint room, teaming with both focus and humor, it's
>> a time to test, fix bugs, add new features, and improve documentation. And
>> it's a time to network, make friends, and build relationships that go
>> beyond the conference.
>>
>> PyCon provides the space and infrastructure (network, power, tables &
>> chairs); you bring your skills, humanity, and brainpower (oh! and don't
>> forget your computer).
>>

>> Please sign up on the PyCon 2016 Sign Up Sheet
>> <https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheets/d/199PCrGLGuzAfxCSHdD-KpmT6ypSn01Wxqwq0R6y1blQ/edit?usp=sharing>.if
>> you are interested in attending in behalf of OWASP.

--
Regards,

*Kelly Santalucia*

*Membership and Business Liaison*

*OWASP Foundation*
*1200-C Agora Drive, #232*
*Bel Air, MD  21014*
*USA*
*Direct: 1+ 973-670-5784*

*Fax: 1+ 443-283-4021 *

*Give back and support the open source community, become a member
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership> today!*

*Join us at AppSecEU 2016 <http://2016.appsec.eu> in Rome, Italy & at
AppSecUSA 2016 <https://2016.appsecusa.org> in Washington, DC!  Information
on other** OWASP events can be found here
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_AppSec_Conference>. *