[Owasp-leaders] 2016 Developer Survey Results

Bill Sempf bill at pointweb.net
Tue Mar 22 20:46:25 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 4:36 PM, johanna curiel curiel <
johanna.curiel at owasp.org> wrote:

> It will be interesting to know *how* to engage properly developers with
> zero background in security.

I can't speak for everyone on the initiative team, but this is exactly why
 I am interested in this.

Since 2010 I have made "bridging the gap" a core focus of my community
work. I give developer talks at security cons and security talks at
developer cons.  Bringing the official OWASP banner to developer cons and
talking to current devs about what they really need from us has brought be
personally a lot of targeted focus in my content creation.

That's why I think heading out to the large cons is a good start.