[Owasp-leaders] 2016 Developer Survey Results

Noreen Whysel noreen.whysel at owasp.org
Tue Mar 22 18:59:57 UTC 2016

This is the strategy:

*2. Expand Outreach, specifically to the Developer Community*

   - Objective: Expand contact with Developer community to help educate
   developers on OWASP projects, tools and best practices.
   - Metric: ID key conference or Developer events in Q1, secure
   presentation space in minimum of 5 for 2016. Measure # of events attended
   and estimated number in audience for OWASP Presentations
   - Board & Community Sponsors: Matt Konda, others TBD - Seeking
   Volunteers to Participate and design Developer outreach program.
   - Foundation Support: Financial support budget at $50K.

Data that we can get through surveying our communities about which
developer conferences and meetings they attend help us meet this goal. Yes
it is too bad only 25 people responded. A discussion of this survey and
links to participate were posted in the February Connector, Twitter and
posted to the owasp-leaders and owasp-community list and was open for ten
days. When you see these surveys please pass them along to others in your
community to help us expand the reach.

We would love to learn what other developer conferences in your area you
attend and find value from.

Noreen Whysel
Community Manager
OWASP Foundation