[Owasp-leaders] Battle of the cyber warrior:Testing OWASP SeraphimDroid against nasty malware

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Fri Mar 18 15:31:46 UTC 2016

Hi Nikola

I'm quite familiarised with the project and the reason I choose it is
because I think people should know more about this.
No project at owasp, so far, is attempting to do something in the area of
Machine learning implementation for security and I find this fascinating,
especially because I finalised myself the coursera Machine learning course
from Stanford, and I know how complex is to implement this.

While I understand you concerns , let me assure you that given the
resources and the fact that you are a brave project leader (who has also a
full time job) , no one should be judging any results

My malware test will be from the most benign to the most aggressive, just
to see how it goes as I escalate the type of malware, especially because is
the only project applying machine learning at owasp.

In fact , if your project performs well, it will only reassure to me (I
don't know talk in the name of OWASP since I'm not part of project reviews
anymore) that your project should definitely qualify in a higher ranking
that just another incubator project.

Cheers

Johanna

--