[Owasp-leaders] Copyright statement recommendations

psiinon psiinon at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 09:29:06 UTC 2016

Thanks to everyone for all of your input.

I did find this link:
http://ben.balter.com/2015/06/03/copyright-notices-for-websites-and-open-source-projects/
which would result in:

"Copyright 2010-2016 Simon Bennetts and the ZAP contributors"

That sounds fairly reasonable to me - ZAP is a community project, and I
think that the copyright should be held by all of the contributors.
However I dont think that someone should be able to add one line of code
and then somehow have the right to re-licence the entire code base. Whether
this statement would allow that I dont know.
Although I cant see why anyone would feel the need to do that: the Apache
v2 licence is pretty flexible. If someone wants to use the ZAP code in a
commercial product then they can. They cant sell ZAP as a product due to
licences of other code we use (like the old Paros code), but thats a
separate issue.

Any views on the above option?

Cheers,

Simon