[Owasp-leaders] Copyright statement recommendations

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Fri Jun 24 14:08:11 UTC 2016

Andrew

Having a contributor agreement is quite different that defining who has the
IP rights over ZAP.

Right now, the IP rights are from a group defined as 'Copyright 2016 The
ZAP Development Team', the first most important thing to do is define who
is that team and who can be considered part of that team

Creating an agreement between the ZAP developers team and a new/old
contributor is between ZAP/Project dev team and that contributor.

The ICLA you provided is quite different because is between the Apache
foundation and contributors to apache projects. As stated right now , the
owner of the ZAP code is the 'ZAP development team'

The faster Simon can define clearly who can be considered the team, the
better.

--
Johanna Curiel
OWASP Volunteer