[Owasp-leaders] CPE credits?

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Tue Jun 14 16:55:44 UTC 2016

OWASP Austin uses eventbrite as a means to have people register for our
meetings.  They have the ability to print a sign-in sheet which we then put
out at the meeting.  We have experimented with sending CPE certificates in
the past, but it's high effort and low return.  (ISC)2 only occasionally
audits people who self-submit CPEs and I think I only had one or two over
the two years that I ran the chapter.  I just provided an e-mail saying "I
verify that <PERSON X> attended the hour-long <DATE> OWASP meeting."
They've never questioned it.  I would recommend similar as it's very low
effort and seems to satisfy the requirements.

~josh