[Owasp-leaders] Project stats

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Tue Jun 7 17:38:37 UTC 2016

>>To me, I find the amount of issues open and date of last activity
important.  Maybe we can ask the open hub people to add those?

Uff, you are getting in a hot area ;-)

According to some owasp leaders and even Karl Fogel (creator of the
subversion project),:http://www.red-bean.com/kfogel/

You should not use #issues as a criteria to judge a project:

I agree with him that amount of issues are correlated the amount of users,
and not per se quality only. Is more than that. For more info ready this
info: Bug Growth is Proportional to User Growth, and Bugs are not Technical
Debt. <http://www.rants.org/2010/01/10/bugs-users-and-tech-debt/>
http://www.rants.org/2010/01/10/bugs-users-and-tech-debt/

BTW based on this a while ago Karel Fogel also contributed to creating
proper project reviews criteria:https://github.com/jowasp/review-features

I'm not part of this anymore but you might find it interesting.

--
Johanna Curiel
OWASP Volunteer