[Owasp-leaders] Website re-design 2 years ago

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Tue Jul 26 11:43:52 UTC 2016

>>This information and link was passed on to the company producing this
report during the "Project/Chapter leaders call", but nothing of the
previous work appears to be mentioned, referenced or considered.
Lots of other information provided during that call seems to have been
swept aside too.But of course these are just to do with the wiki. The
comprehensive RFP asked about much more, including many systems and
processes the staff use:
https://drive.google.com/a/owasp.org/folderview?id=0BxI4iTO_QojvaVJpa1YtNEcydTg&usp=sharing#

Similar experience with the information I provided. Many questions provided
by Sooryen to certain groups were not relevant to the target group or I
feel, there was not enough previous research to ask relevant questions. For
example:

*Why ask a project/chapter leader something they are not even involved
with? I they did some pre-research this question was not part of the
questionnaire:*
*"How are you managing member retention, engagements, identifying paying
and non-paying members? *
Answer: project or chapter leaders are not *engaged* with this activity
from the OWASP foundation.Nor as project or chapter leader I'm involved
identifying paid or non paying members. Most projects imo are engaged
looking for volunteer and help for their own projects and some/many chapter
& project leaders are not even paid members.

*Data points such as Project contributors in a Chapter media wiki is
totally out of place, even worse asking about paying or non paying members:*
*What are some data points that you would like to see on your chapter
Mediawiki page (Such as demographics, paying/non-paying, project
contributors, etc.)? *

This is not relevant to my volunteer activities.Many project & chapter
leader and not even paid members.You should start evaluating this first and
then find what kind of info they would like to see on the Media wiki page.
Some top projects have heir own website so the MediaWiki is just a page to
link further to their own web portal.

*Why insist with this question? Almost no project leaders want this and if
they want to verify then, create a survey:*

*In your opinion, how likely is centralizing project code repositories onto
specific accounts (OWASP Account)? What are the main friction points you
anticipate for this? *

Project leaders are owners of their own code. They own the rights. OWASP
does not own any projects like the case of Linux foundation, therefore
proposing centralising
code under an OWASP account is not really something many support .The lack
of proper IT resources from the OWASP makes this choice even unthinkable .
Who wants to handle control of their code repository when OWASP is not
even capabable to manage nor has the people to do this properly and
why would I like to give over my code?"

I feel that these questions do not focus on the main requests from the RFP.
I wonder where did these questions came from.

--
Johanna Curiel
OWASP Volunteer